With Mothers day fast approaching (Sunday 26th March for those of you that didn’t know) I thought I better start thinking about gift ideas for mine and Mikes mums but also to drop some well meaning hints to my dear husband now I’m a mummy too!
This list is my no means exhaustive but just a few ideas of some lovely mummy things.
1. Chocolate – I’m a big fan of chocolate (who isn’t?!), so any excuse to add this to a gift list. As a special treat Hotel Chocolat is my favourite and they do a lovely range of gifts for Mother’s Day including a selection box. http://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/shop/mothers-day-gifts
2. Mummy mugs– there are some lovely mummy mugs available at the moment. I was lucky enough to receive one of the pretty Emma Bridgewater mummy mugs at Christmas a gift from Hayden. I have also seen this mug recently that anyone who’s a fan of the Gilmore girls will love!
http://www.emmabridgewater.co.uk/invt/1pih030002. And https://www.redbubble.com/people/lettuceleaf/works/17803520-youre-the-lorelai-to-my-rory?grid_pos=13&p=mug&style=standard
3. Pretty stationary– admittedly this probably isn’t the ideal gift for everyone, my mum for example wouldn’t covet this but still I think lots of mummies would appreciate this gift. Paperchase have some nice things.
4. An afternoon tea– who doesn’t love going for an afternoon tea treat, devouring dainty sandwiches, delicious cakes and yummy scones with lashings of cream and jam, all washed down with unlimited tea served in pretty cups! It’s inky made better with the company of your mummy! Going for afternoon tea is very popular these days and hence there are an abundance of hotels/cafes/restaurants that offer this. In Bristol one of my favourite places to go is a lovely cafe on Gloucester rd called Cox and Baloney.
5. Mother’s Day gift boxes– an option if your unsure what to get or want to get a few little things, then maybe a gift box/basket is a good option. I have recently found the ‘Don’t buy her flowers’ gift boxes that they make for occasions such as mum-to-be, new mum, Mother’s Day etc. They have a small range of lovely products to include and you can choose what you want to include.
6. A Spa Day – something we as mums especially my mum and mother in law are particularly bad at is relaxing and taking some pampering time for ourselves, therefore a spa day is always a nice option. I recently had a spa day/pregnancy massage at the Clifton Lido in Bristol and it was lovely. One spa I have always wanted to try is the Therme spa in Bath, as I have heard great things about it.
It’s always nice to get new clothes, I’m a big fan of these mother inspired slogan jumpers at the moment. I was lucky enough to receive a ‘mother’ sweatshirt from the fmly store (like the one below) from my friends for my birthday. I can’t wait to wear it once I’m bump free and it fits better! As well as some great designs, it’s a family run company that give £10 from every item sold to charity.
“Diamonds are a girls best friend” right? Who doesn’t love receiving jewellry and there are some great Mother’s Day inspired gifts out there to choose from. One of favourites that I’ve seen this year is a company called ‘Bella & Bow’. They specialise in personalised jewellry with handprints/footprints.
Although not to everyone’s taste, I personally love candles, especially scented ones. I mostly use them in the bathroom on the rare occasion I’m enjoying a relaxing bubble bath! One of my favourite brands is St Eval candles. They are handmade scented candles using traditional methods. Different scents include bay &a rosemary, lemonðylene, and orange&cinnamon and many more.
I know that flowers might seem like a bit of cop out and unoriginal gift idea, but most people don’t receive flowers often so I think it’s still a really lovely idea. It’s exciting to receive a bunch of bright, beautiful, gorgeous flowers and they brighten up your day and your house!
There are so many ideas for Mother’s Day this is just a few to get you started and give you some inspiration. Other ideas would be something a bit more personal and specific for your mum, e.g. Personalised garden tools if they were a keen Gardener or a magazine subscription.
MOTHERS DAY GIVEAWAY
In the spirit of Mother’s Day I am running a giveaway to win a beautiful silver Life Charms Bracelet. Competition ends on 19th March and the winner will be announced on 20th March. To enter either visit my Facebook page, mummy Gummie blog or follow this link http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/0d8e0b4c2/?